Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another Accidental Recipe

My loving man has a very strong sweet tooth, which must be satisfied on a regular basis, or there will be consequences.

The other night, i was looking to satisfy said tooth, and so was he.

We were both looking through the pantry to discover something wonderful.

I discovered Wildtree Pound Cake mix, gifted me by my dear friend, Meredith.  I didn't have any of their Rich Dark Chocolate Fudge Sauce, so my husband noted that we had sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened baking chocolate squares leftover from not enough Christmas baking.

So you guessed it.

I put one can of sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan on low.

While it was heating up very slowly, i opened 7 of the 8 one-ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate left in the box and cut them haphazardly on a cutting board.

When the sweetened condensed milk was sort of warm, i dumped in the chocolate and started stirring.  I kept stirring until the chocolate was all melted and mixed in with the sweetened condensed milk.

Then, i poured slodged it over the pound cake.  It's quite thick.

The hubby loved it, but that's not what i want to tell you.

I didn't finish my piece, and it sat on the counter until the next morning.  Well, there was this great piece glob of "frosting" sitting on the plate, and it had hardened mightily overnight, so i pinched off a bit and tasted it.

yum...

This stuff is my idea of dark chocolate fudge.  I'm pretty sure that if i spread it out in a container and let it harden up, i could cut it up into really yummy squares that i would never want to stop eating (so i'm not going to do that, at least not right now).

Mind you, this "recipe" is nothing like any other fudge recipe you'll find, but i DIG dark chocolate, and this was really AWESOME.

So if you dig dark chocolate, and you happen to have unsweetened chocolate squares and sweetened condensed milk, and you really want some chocolate, you will be so happy you read my blog.

4 comments:

  1. I might actually get out of bed and put on clothes and go to store at 10pm to get these two items and mix them up........... It sounds great....

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good - would be good also with some broken nuts stirred into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth! Nice to 'meet' you, I'm new here. This is very similar to the ONLY fudge recipe I've ever been able to make with any success. It calls for Sweetened Condensed Milk, Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, pecans, & vanilla. I've read that other flavors can easily be substituted for the semi-sweet chocolate, other nuts can be used, or omitted altogether. The only variation I've tried is adding a spoonful of dissolved instant coffee for a mocha flavor that really enhances the dark chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about that?