Sunday, July 11, 2010

Romantic Paper Goods

Saturday went like this:

We got up (at some point that i'm sure the chickens did not approve of) and lazed around and stared at each other with foggy sleepy eyes and announced to each other that we had no plans for the day.

Then sometime around noon, we both realized that there were a few things that probably should get done - i mean if we wanted to eat and wear clean clothes and stuff like that.

So we made a big trip to town to do laundry and grocery shopping.  The town i speak of is the one 1.5 miles from our house.  But, it was apparently a big deal anyway.

First we stopped at the Family Dollar on the way to the Washateria, where i would be dropped off while hubby went grocery shopping at the big grocery store.

This is where the romance happened.

There were just a few items to pick up at the FD, including bleach, which i needed for laundry.  We both made a tour through the small store scanning the aisles for items we needed that would be cheaper there than elsewhere.  I found my darling on the paper goods aisle, where he picked up a package of styrofoam plates and a package of styrofoam bowls and said, "If two dollars can make my wife's weekend easier, then that's a good buy."

Awww...<3

He sweeps me off my feet,  (in my heart, not physically in the FD).

Now, the weekend was pretty much over at that point, and we went home and promptly used regular dishes for dinner, but it didn't matter.  He still steals my pea pickin' heart.

That is how he sweeps me off my feet with $2.00 in styrofoam.



1 comment:

  1. I love your husband... He is such a sweetheart

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about that?