Saturday, January 1, 2011

Content

One part of me thinks of feeling a little ashamed.

But i don't feel ashamed.

I feel completely content.

In theory, you should spend the first day of the new year doing beneficial things, like exercising, or eating well or . . . i don't know . . . getting dressed?

I did none of those things today.  I realized sometime around 6 this evening that i was still wearing exactly what i wore to bed last night.  Nice.

GSSH and i spent the day sitting around, eating (big breakfast, junk food lunch, and lots of popcorn for dinner), talking (about thoughts plans and how much we love each other), and watching movies we've seen before.

I have to say.

That's a pretty good day.

As long as that's not every day, of course.  But it isn't very often that we get a holiday together, in which no one is expecting us and we have no pressing responsibilities.  We got the blessing of just enjoying each other.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful word picture of the blessing you are and the blessing you have received! You gave me something beautiful to think of tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so wonderful! I think it ought to be a fairly regular thing IMHO. I mean, spending the day with the one you love doing the things you love because you want to?? How does it get better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That DOES sound perfect. Happy New Year!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about that?