Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pre-Cinnamon Rolls

Tonight, i have just finished making Overnight Cinnamon Rolls.  Well, technically, i'll finish making them tomorrow, after it has been "overnight."  Right now, it's only the night before the making of the overnight.  Or something like that.

I've been thinking about making cinnamon rolls for my hubby for some time, but since cinnamon rolls are most appreciated in the morning, and because they are a yeast-based food, and because yeast-based foods take a substantial amount of time to prepare because of the rising and what-not, i never made it to the getting up at 3 am to make cinnamon rolls.

Today, it was brought to my attention that cinnamon rolls would be a happy event around here, so i started looking for a doable solution.  This recipe is my first attempt.  We will see how it goes.  The idea is that they will rise in the fridge overnight, and in the morning, i will just pop them in the oven.  Then VOILA!  Fresh cinnamon rolls!!!  (Without getting up at 3 am).

I'll let you know how it goes.

This reminds me that i need to post my tutorial on yeast bread making.  That will probably not happen tonight, but if anyone were to tell me that you are interested in reading about how to successfully make yeast breads, i would probably get it posted in the next couple of days.

hint

hint

Right now, my eyelids are very heavy, and i think i will go to bed.  Dream of cinnamon rolls.

2 comments:

  1. Bread makers unite! I'd love to read what you have to say about home-made breads, yeast doughs, etc. Since moving to Kenya baking is now quite daunting as I'm at a higher altitude (5000ft) and everything is wacky and never quite comes out quite like I expect it.
    And, I would LOVE to read how those cinnamon rolls come out (feel like sharing the recipe?)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. misskerri,

    I was just about to upload my pictures for breadmaking when i realized that those were among some that i lost when my camera lost its mind last week. I ended up having to reformat the disk in my camera, and i lost a lot of pictures. I am planning to make bread again, possibly this week, and when i do i will take new pictures and post some tips. =)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about that?