Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Spaghetti Wednesday

Do you do weekly meal plans?

I never do.  But this week, in an attempt to organize my mind . . . to keep me from spending the entire day deciding what's for dinner, i'm attempting to plan my meals ahead of time.

It really does help.  But it also encourages the assignment of certain meals to each day of the week and leaving it at that for infinity.

For instance, today is Spaghetti Wednesday.  I've done spaghetti on most Wednesdays for a while, simply because it's fast and simple, and i don't have to think about it.  This is important because on Wednesdays, choir practice starts at 6:00 p.m., so i endeavor (and sometimes fail) to have dinner done and the kitchen clean before i leave for church/choir practice.

I like Spaghetti Wednesday.  It's something to look forward to.  When there are great sales on spaghetti sauce, we sometimes also have Spaghetti Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday; but that's another situation altogether.

I'm thinking of instituting another weekly meal:  Fish and Potato Tuesday.

Eating fish with potatoes makes me think of my Morfar (that means Grandpa in Swedish), and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.  We tried it out yesterday, and it was nice.  There were also peas involved, but they don't have to be mentioned.  They're just there because my Mama told me to eat my greens.

My schedule says that we're having Red Beans and Rice tomorrow, courtesy of a Mr. Tony Chachere.  But i'm thinking of moving up Friday's meal, meatballs with gravy and mashed potatoes, to Thursday.  A labor intensive meal like this one may or may not inspire the GSSH to bring home dinner on Clean Kitchen Friday.

We'll call tomorrow Butter Up the Bread Winner Thursday.

And if that doesn't work, Mr. Chachere can handle Friday in a pinch.

4 comments:

  1. We used to have Hamburger Wednesday, for the reasons you mentioned, and Spaghetti Saturday - because it was quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We'll call tomorrow Butter Up the Bread Winner Thursday." I LOVE THAT!!!

    I have a schedule for meals. I don't always follow it but its in place for those weeks when my brain refuses to be creative.

    Meatless Monday
    Kid's Cook Tuesday
    Casserole Wednesday
    Soup/Salad Thursday
    Free-for-All Friday
    Crockpot Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Beth. I like Spaghetti any day of the week. Having food nights is a great idea I think. It makes it a bit easier adn you can always have a Cook’s Choice night to get a little crazy :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about that?